Announcement Email List
Use the form below to sign up for Oklahoma Recycling Association’s announcement list.
- Communications (Chair: Jon Barton) This committee updates OKRA website content, manages and posts updates to the listserv, maintains engagement via social media, and publishes the OKRA Newsletter.
- Conference Planning Committee (Chair: Ellen Bussert, ):
This committee handles the program, logistics and fundraising for the annual Oklahoma Recycling Association.
- Executive Committee (Chair: Keima Borsuah):
This committee is responsible for identifying policy and proposing change to the board of directors. The Bylaws Task Force falls under this committee.
- Membership Committee (Chair: Ellen Bussert):
This committee facilitates membership renewals, solicits new members, arranges OKRA exhibit opportunities, updates the membership structure and brochure, and recognizes OKRA members.
- Nominations/Recruitment Committee (Chair: Tracy Horst):
This committee solicits leadership position nominations and prepares slates for board votes.
- Advocacy Work Group (Chair: Michael Barton):
The Advocacy Work Group aims to make OKRA better known among Oklahoma legislators and decision makers. We would like OKRA to be the “go to” organization for recycling and resource recovery issues in our state.
- Composting (Chair: Natalie Mallory):
OKRA promotes composting as a resource recovery strategy and relays updates from the Oklahoma Compost and Sustainability Association, and other composting organizations
- Education Work Group (Chair: Sara Ivey):
The Education Workgroup strives to increase recycling knowledge, best practices, and the economic benefits of recycling in our state, while working to reduce recycling contamination through a variety of education and communication strategies. This group organizes OKRA's very successful Lunch and Learn events.
- Glass Work Group (Chair: Chris Knight) The Glass Work Group is working to develop initiatives to develop programs for the communities in Oklahoma to reduce the amount of glass entering the landfills in Oklahoma.
- Materials Exchange (Chair: Zach Benedict):
OKRA promotes the online RENEW Materials Exchange, a free matching service for businesses and industries that want to find takers for the by-products they generate or acquire the by-products of other businesses. This work group looks for other opportunities to facilitate and promote materials exchange programs.
- Product Stewardship (Chair: Amanda Scofield):
OKRA collaborates with the national Product Stewardship Institute to solve waste management problems by encouraging product design changes that lead to sustainable end-of-life management.