You may contact us at .
Our mailing address is OKRA, P. O. Box 521154, Tulsa, OK 74152-1154
Please contact the if you have questions about recycling in general.
Click here for more information on how to become a member.
Join a Work Group or Committee
See the “About Us” page for Work Group and Committee Chair or Champion contact information.
- Advocacy (Daniel McCune): The Advocacy Work Group aims to make OKRA better known among Oklahoma legislators. We would like OKRA to be the “go to” organization for recycling and resource recovery issues in our state.
- Education (Chris Feeney): The Education Work Group recognizes schools that have successful recycling programs, with the OKRA “Recycling Award for Schools.” In the past, it has also organized a recycle video conte contest for high school students in honor of America Recycles Day.
- Product Stewardship (Garmon Smith): This new work group collaborates with the national Product Stewardship Institute to solve waste management problems by encouraging product design changes that lead to sustainable end-of-life management.
Ad Hoc Committees and Champion Causes
- Composting (Annie Napier, Champion): Annie promotes composting as a resource recovery strategy and relays updates from the U.S. Composting Council, Biocycle and other compost organizations.
- Conference Planning Committee (Ilda Hershey, Chair): This committee handles the program, logistics and fundraising for the annual Oklahoma Recycling Association.
- Electronic Communications Committee (Ilda Hershey & Tracy Horst, Co-chairs): This committee updates OKRA website content, manages and posts updates to the listserv, and maintains engagement via social media (Facebook).
- Materials Exchange (Ilda Hershey, Champion): Ilda promotes the online RENEW Materials Exchange, a free matching service for businesses and industries that want to find takers for the by-products they generate or acquire the by-products of other businesses.
- Membership (Ellen Bussert, Staff Chair): This committee facilitates membership renewals, solicits new members, arranges OKRA exhibit opportunities, updates the membership structure and brochure, and recognizes OKRA members. A new effort will be pursued to automate some of the recurring membership chair tasks.
- Nominations (Tracy Horst, Chair): This committee solicits leadership position nominations and prepares slates for membership votes.